Sunday, March 9, 2008

Restlessness & Frustration...

I want to be released of the blueprint of 'a normal life'.

I want to do something huge, something great. I'm tired of this humdrum life. My brain is so scattered and I want to make an impact on the world and prove to myself than I can accomplish anything that I dream of. All these ideas in my head are disorganized like a messy junk drawer. I want to run the NYC Marathon in 2009, start a movement, and join the Peace Corps! I want to just forget the restrictions of family, of society, and of what a girl my age and with my background should do. I'm tired of "you're grown up, can do whatever you want", but at the next moment having rules imposed on me and being told that I can't pursue what I desire.

My dream is to have a purpsoe to work happily with whatever I choose, and have no second thoughts or regrets.
Sure, I'll finish school and work diligently to pay for the studies-- but please, I want to explore and try new things, make and learn from my own mistakes. Please don't judge, belittle or try to stop me....

Just let me find something to make myself feel complete, fulfilled and alive. Let me be me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that song of Natasha Bedingfield! =)

Anonymous said...

Dana!!! Let me be is my slogan woman! lool... but gosh, spoke my mind :sigh: Im with you on this one Love. Riding the same boat.

Anonymous said...

I've been slacking Dana time. Listen! part of my frustration is that ive committed our "sin"... its way past due woman, I need a dosage of your loving. I have some exams and we're moving the house around and painting but spring break is coming and I wanna chill. Lets go to NY? We'll take the bus from willowbrook to avoid the parking hassle and the paying hassle and the gas hassle lool! and we'll walk alllllllllll night and we'll just BE! :D
by the way, summer is coming and we better go down the shore a billion times this summer. I need color BAD! lol

Dana said...

LOL--- YOU GOT IT!! Let's do it!!!